Emergency Preparedness - Hydration is your number one requirement
When you ride, especially in the desert, it's a good idea to think about first aid and survival. Here is a quick reference guide to help you assemble a good kit when you go out into the desert or a road ride:
- Water - plan at least one quart (32 ounces - about a liter) per hour, and have some for backup, in case you break down. Water bottles hold 16-24 ounces. A hydration pack holds 1-3 Liters.
- Have a snack in case you bonk - carbohydrates are better on the road than protein
- A cheap hair comb - used to help pull of cactus and spines (tweezers are good for the small stuff)
- Antiseptic spray, like Bactine©, to clean scrapes immediately (improves healing time, prevents infection)
- Several gauze pads (3") to clean wounds and cover them for the ride home
- Athletic tape to hold the gauze pad in place
- A repair kit (folding multi-tool, plastic ties, tire levers, spare tube, patches, pump and/or CO2 and $5 to give to someone that stops to help you)
- An emergency whistle and small red flag to signal for help
- Charged cell phone
- Your glasses or reading glasses
- Put everything in a gallon freezer bag to keep it all dry
Love the crisp, clean taste of filtered water, but don't have a way to take it with you? Pick up CamelBak's Groove Bottle! An integrated filter turns 25 ounces of everyday tap water into great-tasting refreshment on the go. The Groove's easy-sipping Big Bite Valve is simple, effective, and won't spill if left open. An integrated handle makes it a cinch to carry with a finger or clip to a carabiner. Plus, the Bite Valve flips down flush with the bottle to keep it clean. And of course, like all CamelBak bottles, it's 100% BPA free.
• Composite construction • Fits standard bottles
$4.99 - $6.99
Sunlite's Alloy Cage comes in a rainbow of colors to match your bike. It's light, holds fast and looks great.
$4.99 - $5.99
• Biodegradable bottle and cap • Easy to squeeze soft plastic, soft plunger • BPA free, California prop 65 compliant • Made in the U.S.A.
CatEye's nylon bottle cage is impact resistant and lightweight at just 29 grams.
Soft, squeezable plastic Large 63mm wide Duoflow Made in the USA
- Rigid alloy construction - Weighs only 65.2 grams
Planet Bike's PB Cage holds your bottle securely with sturdy 6.2mm-diameter 6061-aluminum tubing and comes in a variety of colors so you can coordinate your bike down to the last detail.
Park Tool's Mini Bottle Opener is made of durable, rustproof stainless steel and has Park's great-to-grip and attractive blue vinyl-coated handle. This handy tool fits on a keychain and has a bottle opener and 10mm open-end wrench built in.
Sunlite's Handlebar Mount Bottle Cage lets you attach a water bottle to your handlebars for easy access. Its lightweight design is good for road and mountain use.
$7.99 - $9.99
- Lightweight and pliable LDPE bottle - Ultra-soft silicone high flow pressure valve - Tasteless and odorless - Bottle does not contain Bisphenol A (BPA) or Phthalates
- Universal alloy water bottle cage - Hardware included - Size: 6mm
Featuring a three-color Park Tool logo and "bike wrench" graphic, Park Tool's Pint Glass is made from heavyweight, dishwasher-safe glass.
All metal cup made of 304 Stainless Steel.
Make quick work of any bottle-cap-removal operation with Park's BO-2 Bottle Opener. This ergonomic tool is made of stainless steel with a comfy vinyl coating.
$9.00 - $12.00
Fiercely built for road warriors, the Breakaway bottle delivers quick hydration from the first mile to the last. Thirst has finally met its match. Don't let this reusable bottle's lightweight, compact design fool you. Our Breakaway bottle delivers effortless, reliable hydration to fuel your race days, recovery days, and beyond. Designed by cyclists for cyclists, the Breakaway's sleek form makes for effortless sipping and fits most bike cages. When pedal meets pavement, the high-flow, self-sealing Surge Valve delivers a blast of hydration without messy spills—keeping you focused on the bike path, trailhead, or road ahead. Chill out, drink up. Then get back in the saddle and enjoy the ride—despite the pain. - The Surge valve maximizes flow rate and self-seals to eliminate spills and splatter. It's spill-proof when open, and pushes closed for leak-proof transport. - The original, 100% BPA-free bike water bottle. The updated Breakaway water bottle features a sleek, single-wall design that is light, durable, and compact. - Made for cyclists by cyclists, the Breakaway series fits securely in a variety of bottle cages. The new Polar Bottle shape has a unique grip groove and wall design for effortless hydration. - The innovative Surge Cap is two pieces–cap and valve–and easy to clean. Simply twist, pull, and wash. Plus, they're dishwasher safe. - Polar Bottle water bottles are crafted in Colorado to reduce environmental impact and support local economies. Designed to last, each one of our water bottles comes with a lifetime guarantee. - Capacity: 0.59 L / 20 fl oz - Dimensions: 8.25 x 2.75 in. - Material: LDPE, TPU Valve - Weight 82 g / 2.9 oz
Ninjas adapt and conquer, and the Ninja Cage is no exception. Knowing that smaller frames and tighter spaces may not allow the use of Ninja Cage mounted add-ons, Topeak includes extra rubber pads and zip ties so you can use it in combination with the top water bottle boss to mount Ninja Cage and your weapon of choice. Choose from any of the Ninja T series tool cases, Ninja CO2 inflator or Ninja Pouch spare tube carriers for the ultimate combination. - Material: Engineering grade plastic - Cage Outer Diameter: Fits standard water bottle - Added Feature: Rubber pads and zip ties - Size: 14.8 x 8.2 x 7.8 cm / 5.8” x 3.2” x 3.1” - Weight: 44 grams
BiKASE's Handlebar/Seat Post Bottle Cage Bracket makes it easy to attach a bottle cage and bottle (both sold separately) to your handlebars or seat post. It's made of durable engineered plastic polymers and includes shims and hardware to fit on handlebars and seat posts with 24 to 32mm diameters or 32mm to 43mm diameters. It also rotates so you can set the bottle where you want it for easy access. • Material: POM head, PP bracket, Stainless steel hardware • Size: 8cm x 6cm x 2cm • Weight: 40 g • Fits handlebar 24mm-32mm • Versatile bracket rotates
Osprey’s Hydraulics Bite Valve provides a high-quality replacement for your old, neglected and beat up bite valve. The bombproof ¼ twist shut-off design guarantees you won’t experience any unpleasant leaks.
- Kid friendly Insulated liner keeps liquids cold - Finger grooves make it easier for smaller hands to grip and hold - 12oz to perfectly fit kid's bike cages, lunch boxes and school packs. - 100% BPA-free insulated water bottle. - NEW Integrated Clean Cap makes for quick hydration–pull for a cool stream and push to lock for a spill-and-dirt-free seal. - The innovative Sport Cap is two pieces–cap and valve–and easy to clean. Simply twist, pull, and wash. Plus, they're dishwasher safe. - Dash Handle turns your bottle into the ultimate travel companion, and its convenient loop keeps hydration at your fingertips.
Versatile mount for additional water bottle cage or other accessories. Band style clamp provides easy installation and flexible mounting options. - Fits tubes 20 - 60mm - Engineering grade polymer - Max load: 1.5 kg / 3.31 lb - 26 g / 0.92 oz (2 pcs)
$10.99 - $14.99
The Polar Bottle Sport is the original insulated water bottle that keeps your water cold more than twice as long. Lightweight, squeezable and easy to clean, the Polar Bottle Sport is the go-to bottle for adventurers around the globe. This bottle comes standard with the Polar Bottle Sport cap.
$10.99 - $15.99
Polar's Insulated Bottles keep liquids cooler, longer so you enjoy crisp, refreshing drinks even at the end of your rides. These excellent bottles are BPA- and chemical-free so every sip tastes great. Plus, they feature an easy-to-clean removable valve, plus a handy and removable carrying loop. This bottle comes standard with the Polar Bottle Sport cap.
- 100% BPA-free insulated water bottle. - The updated design features triple wall insulation, keeping your liquid cooler 2X longer. - Integrated sports cap makes for quick hydration–pull for a cool stream and push to lock for a spill-free seal. - The innovative Sport Cap is two pieces–cap and valve–and easy to clean. Simply twist, pull, and wash. Plus, they're dishwasher safe. - Dash Handle turns your bottle into the ultimate travel companion, and its convenient loop keeps hydration at your fingertips. - Crafted in Colorado to reduce environmental impact - Weight: 127 g / 4.5 oz - Capacity: 0.59 L / 20 fl oz
Show your love for bicycles, tools and all things Park Tool with their Coffee Mug. Perfect for impressing your guests with a cool-logo cup, or fueling yourself before a fun wrenching session, a few of these mugs should be in every kitchen cabinet and bicycle workshop, too!
- BH-95X adapter provides an extra bottle cage mount on bars, frame or seatpost - Universal band clamp fits any diameter between 22-35mm - Stainless steel construction - Two bottle cage mounting screws included
• Fits bars: 22.2 to 31.8mm diameter • No-Tool quick-release mount • Anodized finish
- Composite side-load water-bottle cage - Intelligent design allows the cage to be used as a left- or right-hand release by simply switching the mounting tab - Perfect for full suspension or frames with tight clearances
- 100% BPA-free insulated water bottle. - The updated design features triple wall insulation, keeping your liquid cooler 2X longer. - Integrated sports cap makes for quick hydration–pull for a cool stream and push to lock for a spill-free seal. - The innovative Sport Cap is two pieces–cap and valve–and easy to clean. Simply twist, pull, and wash. Plus, they're dishwasher safe. - Dash Handle turns your bottle into the ultimate travel companion, and its convenient loop keeps hydration at your fingertips. - Crafted in Colorado to reduce environmental impact - Weight: 150 g / 5.3 oz - Capacity: 0.71 L / 24 fl oz
Impeach your old water bottle! Delivering a high rate of flow in a leak-proof design, the Specialized Purist WaterGate offers a simple drinking experience: just aim and squeeze for clean, pure refreshment. - Purist infusion shields the bottle from odor, stains, and mold to keep your water pure and your bottle clean - Simple hands-free open and close valve: nothing to turn - 100% leak-proof top locks down for transport or mixing powdered drinks - Self-sealing Heart Valve delivers a high rate of flow with a leak-proof design, even when the valve is open - Rubber over-molded cap for easy grip - Made from easy-to-squeeze, LDPE material - Clear viewing strip makes it easy to see contents - BPA-free plastic made from 100% FDA food-grade materials and printed with non-solvent base (UV cured), CPSC-approved ink
Page 1 of 4 Next page